Make Your Move Easier for Your Family
Moving to a new home can be quite stressful even on children. Even thhe youngest children have problems transitioning to a new home. Here are a few ideas to help make the move easier for those with a family and children.
- Tell the children about it as early as possible. Children need time to digest information.
- When talking to children keep a positive attitude about the move ,as well as the moving process, which is also stressful. Depending on the age of the child, let them help with the packing of their items. Try to make it fun and exciting.
- Depending on the age of the child, let them help pick out their new bedroom and new furniture, if applicable. Also, let them assist with arranging how their new bedroom will be.
- If your schedule allows, try to move after the school year .Teenagers, especially, do not like being the new kid and can blend in easier at the beginning of a school year. Younger children are usually not so sensitive about this,but discuss it with the child.
- Ensure them that they can keep in touch with their old friends and vist if this is possible.
- Try to keep the attitude that this is a new exciting adventure. Kids will also become excited if they see that you are.
- HAVE A GREAT XPRESS MOVE…………